Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A Short Layover

Dear Friends,

I am back from my Sabbatical in full tilt as things are heating up in South Carolina and I get ready for my fall season of touring. My summer retreat rendered six new songs that I plan to begin sharing on the road soon – so if I come to your area, expect some new tunes in the mix.

August 12th I held my annual Khaki and White, Pilgrim Road FAVO (Friends And Volunteers Of) Party. It was so good to have time with friends who have given so much to help further the vision for Pilgrim Road through their gifts, work, and prayers.

I leave this Friday, August 26th beginning the first segment of the fall tour heading first to Ohio, then on to Switzerland and Germany for a military retreat with many soldiers I have been with throughout the last few years. I return to the U.S. mid September for a month of traveling in the Southeast and also in New York. I will be returning to my alma mater The Citadel in Charleston on September 25th for a chapel service where I will be playing some music and preaching for the cadets.

Pray as the Europe Military Tour VI begins in October as the schedule begins to fill rapidly. We are in the stages of processing paperwork for my tour in Afghanistan in November/early December. This would be a great time of ministry and encouragement. There are still a few dates remaining throughout October-December, so if you are in Europe and would like a return visit for a concert, house ministry, or retreat, contact me through the website, and we will work on making that happen. Also – booking for spring and the upcoming Live Sessions for “Acoustic Graffiti” are in development – stay tuned and get involved!

As I depart, my heart is drawn to God’s Word and the Faithful men of Hebrews chapter 11 who sought our great and sovereign God with hearts set on eternity and a vision of a home far greater than the world’s dwelling places. God is faithful – He will do it!

Pack light, and don’t forget your passport!

DAN