Wednesday, September 08, 2004

From Switzerland to Spangdahlem


Kandersteg, Switzerland
Originally uploaded by DynamicPerspective.

Hey Everyone!

I have been out on the road now for two weeks already and time is flying fast. I just returned from a weekend retreat with The Navigators Ministry hiking in Kandersteg, Switzerland! It was fantastic! I lead the worship at the evening sessions and was able to reconnect with several military folks that I have worked with and met through the last few years. The Alps are always beautiful!

It was great to provide the worship and sing with these troops. They were so ready to worship and it was exciting to meet their readiness with a foundation of scripture and focus on Christ! I was able to reconnect with Robert Nuccio - a friend I spent a good deal of time with in Iceland earlier this year. He has transferred to Germany and was on the hike. We hiked together the first day; it was encouraging to see his growth in the Lord.

I spent a couple of days with my buddy Max Strange in Ramstein. He and I always enjoy incredible discussion of Biblical truth and we dig into great challenges in scripture. I always leave Max and feel more sharpened than before we spent time together. We got to spend more quality time together on this trip then ever before.

Today I traveled by train to Spangdahlem Air Base in Germany and did a concert of music and teaching for a group there. It was an effective night and had some good conversations with troops afterwards. It is past midnight and I need to turn in. I travel to the Netherlands tomorrow and begin a 12 day time of ministry in that area.

Check out my new Blog Post on Azimuth called "Beautiful Judgment" - you can find the link at the Segue Cafe at danmeyers.com.

Travel light - and don't forget your passport,
DAN